Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Book Review: Beach Blondes

     Hey everyone! Today is probably going to be one of my favorite posts like, ever, because I'm doing a book review on one of the best books I've ever read. It's called 'Beach Blondes' and it's by Katherine Applegate. Without further ado, here is my mini-review on the book:

     Summary:  The book starts out with Summer Smith basically loathing her life. She lives in snowy Minnesota and is almost a senior in high school. Between no boyfriend and no action in her town, she's ready to spice things up. Coincidentally, her Aunt Mallory calls and asks if she would like to join her and Summer's cousin in Crab Claw Key, Florida. Of course, she cannot deny the opportunity.

     Summer gets there and meets amazing and unforgettable people. Preferably three guys in which a fortune teller warns her about. One will seem to be the right guy, one will seem to represent mystery, and one will seem to represent danger. (Seth- the super sweet, friendly nice guy... only he has a girlfriend.   Diver- mysterious, a bit strange, but completely harmless.  And Adam- The Senator's son who's kind and attractive.. but his family has a dark side.)

     In the end, Summer falls for a guy- and has the most unforgettable and amazing summer of her life.


     Review:   I could NOT stop reading this book. Literally. I finished in two days and am reading it again. I love the characters, the setting, and romance. (Seth is SO sweet! I kinda wanna marry him.. Lol. If only... ;)) Also, this book has surprising turns, and some jaw-dropping scenes and events. A must read for teen girls, especially for summertime.

     PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read this book! I will be doing more reviews and post on this book, so look for those, and by the way.. this book has a sequel called 'Tan Lines' and I'm dying to read it, so when I do I'll give a review on that as well.

God Bless,
-Hannah


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Widgets