Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

School Emergency/Survival Kit!

Hello! Today I'm going to be blogging about a School Emergency/Survival Kit, and what to keep in it. Some of the things listed here I already said in my Locker Essentials post. It's also a tiny bit like Hannah's school purse post, but more emergency like. Haha. Enjoy! :P

First of all, make sure you find a good bag to put all the items in. It shouldn't be too big, but not too small, either. About the size of the standard makeup bag. It doesn't really matter what material it is, but I like to use a type of material (I'm not sure the name of it...) that's kind of, washable. Just in case something leaks! Anyway.

Cough drops. This may seem a little weird, but believe me, you're going to have that one day where you get that cough and you wish you had these! So just put a couple in there.

Q-Tips. Sometimes I forget to clean my ears in the morning. I'm sure everyone does a least once a year. And if you're like me, and hate the feeling of unclean ears, then you'll definitely want to keep these.

Hand Lotion. I'm not talking about the scented kind to keep you smelling fresh, I'm talking about the medicated ones. You can find them in little tiny sizes in hotels and in some stores. I don't know about you, but in winter I get really dry hands. So that's what this is for!

Hand Sanitizer. You know what this is for! Put it on in between classes and whatnot. I recommend getting a couple of Pocketbacs from Bath and Body Works. They're a great size, smell great, affordable, and best yet - they clean your hands! :P

Pads/Tampons/Pantyliners. I know I said this in my other blog post, but just stick a couple of these in there - even if you don't have your period yet!

Deodorant. I'm pretty sure this is self explanatory. It may seem a little awkward putting it on in front of everyone, but hey - I'd risk the awkwardness more than I'd risk smelling like dirty armpits.

Perfume. Again, I said this in an earlier post, but just stick a little sample size of one in your emergency kit, even if you have one sitting wide open in your locker. Maybe the one you were planning on using broke? Got stolen? Yeah... so put one in your kit!

Bandaids. Maybe the nurse at your school has these, but who really wants to go all the way there just for a bandaid? Not me.

Hairbrush. You might not be able to fit this in your actual bag of emergency things, but I can assure you you're going to need one at some point!

Mints/Gum. Who likes bad smelling breath? I recommend bringing a really strong minty gum, but it for some reason your school doesn't allow you to have gum (I know my elementary school didn't), bring mints! And, quick tip: don't let other people take your gum! It may be hard to say no to your best friend, but you really don't want it to go to waste.

Tissues. Most classrooms are stocked with these, but you'll still want to bring them. Get one of those travel packets of them or whatever. I'm pretty sure you can find them at any supermarket.

Your contacts/glasses case. If you don't wear contacts or glasses, obviously this doesn't apply to you. But for those people who do... y'know you'll bring this!

Chapstick. Some people (including me...) bring chapstick with them wherever they go, but sometimes it falls out of my pocket or a lose it, so I keep an extra one in my locker. Even if you're not like me and don't bring one wherever you go, still keep on in your kit.

Change/money. Hannah covered this too, but just stuff a five dollar bill in there in case of emergencies!

A pen and pencil. Hey, you never know... :P

And that's all! I hope you enjoyed reading. If you know of anything else that should be put in a school survival kit, please tell me. Thanks! (:

Xoxo,
Hayl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Widgets